Saturday, June 22, 2024
Plano Event Center │ 2000 E Spring Creek Pkwy, Plano, TX 75074
9am–5pm (CST) | Virtual Option Available
Since the pandemic, every mental health marker is off the charts. Millions are struggling with addiction, anxiety, depression, stress, burnout, and thoughts of suicide. It’s a reality likely affecting you, someone you know, or someone you may encounter.
It’s time to bring Christ into the mental health crisis. It’s time for the Church to rise up and share the hope the world so desperately needs.
You’re invited to join an outstanding team of speakers for a one-day ministry training event that will equip you to address mental health issues with God’s Word. Come learn, be equipped by the experts, and be supported in your ministry calling by an encouraging, Christian community.
This was a sold-out event last year, so get your in-person or virtual ticket today!
Special Pricing Ends March 29
Lunch is provided & attendees will receive a free copy of the Keys for Living book, Lay Counseling
(Virtual attendees will receive a digital copy.)
- Receive Biblical Training from the Experts: Learn from experienced ministry leaders, pastors, and professional counselors. You will be equipped and encouraged by the biblical teaching on how to address the mental health needs in your family, church, workplace, school, and community.
- Find Support & Christian Community: Get plugged in and network with like-minded believers doing similar ministry as you – share ideas, build relationships, and be encouraged by fellow brothers and sisters.
- Get Practical Tools & Be Equipped: We’ll be sharing helpful resources and insights that you can use in life, ministry, and work. You’ll also learn about Hope for the Heart’s ministry and training resources that can equip you to address mental health issues from a biblical perspective.
- Grow in Your Calling: We’ll help you become better equipped to do the ministry God has already called you to do – whether lay counseling, youth ministry, serving in your local church, pastoral care, mentoring or life coaching, or professional counseling / mental health services.
- In-Person & Livestream Option: This was a packed-room, sold-out event last year! If you can’t make it in-person, you can join us online and enjoy the livestream.
- Free Book & Lunch Provided: Attendees will receive a free copy of the Keys for Living book on Lay Counseling (Virtual attendees will receive a digital copy.)
What will I learn?
- How to Apply & Use God’s Word: You will learn what God’s Word says about mental health and how to use the Bible to speak into real life issues such as worry, anxiety, depression, stress, grief and loss, suicide, abuse, and more.
- How to Integrate Faith & Mental Health: We’ll discuss how and why to address mental health issues in the Church and how to apply a faith-based approach to mental health issues.
- How You and Your Church Can Make a Difference: You will learn how and why having a lay counseling ministry is critical to helping people who are hurting, brokenhearted, or in crisis. We’ll also cover the biblical foundations for lay counseling and discipleship-based care and how to overcome common roadblocks and obstacles in lay counseling ministry.
- How You Can Be Equipped: You’ll discover the comprehensive set of books and video resources of Hope for the Heart and how they can help you and your church address mental health issues.
Who should attend?
- People with a Calling to Help Others – If you have a heart and calling to help those who are hurting and broken, this event is for you. You’ll learn how to help people who are facing mental health challenges, emotional and relational struggles, and spiritual life issues.
- Christian Lay Counselors & Life Coaches – If you’re involved in your church or serve as a coach, mentor, or lay counselor – you don’t want to miss this event. This is a community where your faith is honored and supported. You’ll find ways to sharpen your skills and grow as a Christian and servant-leader.
- Pastors & Ministry Leaders –This is a great event to invite your church, especially if you serve in one of the follow roles: Senior and Staff Pastors, Youth Leaders, Church Staff, Small Group Leaders and Facilitators, Chaplains, Support Group Leaders, Lay Leaders, Congregational Care Workers, Teachers and Trainers, and more.
- Lifelong Learners & Mental Health Professionals – If you’re looking for a place to sharpen your skills, deepen your knowledge of God’s Word, or expand your network as a mental health professional or ministry leader – this is the place for you!
Hope for the Heart
Dare 2 Share Ministries
Hope for the Heart
Dr. Eric Scalise
Hope for the Heart
What Others Are Saying
2023 Event Attendees
"The practical teachings were so helpful for what we deal with on a day-to-day basis."
"I liked that there’s such passion in caring for others."
"I was impressed by the authentic biblical nature of the people and information shared during the event."
"It helped me to look at people, their situations, and caring for myself in a new and wholistic way."
2001 W. Plano Parkway, Plano, TX 75075
@ 2024 Hope for the Heart